There is a great Jewish tradition to dedicate the 29 days in the month of Elul to study and prepare for the coming high holy days. The time is supposed to challenge us to use each day as an opportunity for growth and discovery.
While conceptually the notion is noble, it was clear that acting on it was a bit more challenging. Enter . . . Jewels of Elul. Every year we collect short stories, anecdotes and introspections from some fascinating people.
We have collected these Jewels of Elul, from an eclectic group of people including President Barack Obama, Eli Winkelman, Desmond Tutu, the Dali Lama, Sarah Lefton, Eli Wiesel, Deepak Chopra, Pastor Rick Warren, Kirk Douglas, Rev. Ed Bacon, Rabbi David Wolpe, Ruth Messinger, Jeffrey Katzenberg and over 100 other inspired voices . . . well known and not so well known.
We invite you to make each day count. In this app we’ve added tools for collecting your own Jewels of Elul through local events, and activities and charitable works.
Join us is preparing for this most sacred time of year.
As Elul gives way to the high holidays, may you be inscribed for a sweet year of inspiration and Holy Day change.
– Daily Inspirational Jewels in English and Español.
– Local maps to Elul experiences that we hope will enrich your month of High Holiday preparation.
– Inspirational High Holiday music.
– Social media links to help you share inspiration with others.
– Receive messages of inspiration periodically.
– Collect your own Jewels.
– Share Jewel comments in the app and in your social media accounts.
– and more…